Regular Gutter Cleaning Is Important for Your Home – Count On Us
Let’s face it – water is the enemy when it comes to your home, and gutter cleaning is an essential part of home maintenance. It prevents water from collecting on the roof and leaking into your attic or walls, and it can guide water out and away from the foundation of your home too. By regularly cleaning your gutters and avoiding a clog, you can save yourself significant dollars in costly repairs down the line.
Additionally, debris in the gutters can begin to rot over time which can attract rats, mosquitoes, wasps, and other pests looking for shelter. If these pests find their way into your house, it could be expensive to have them exterminated.
Taking care of your gutter system is an easy and affordable way to ensure that the safety and health of your home are preserved – and our crew is here to help with it.
How Do Gutters Get Clogged?
- Gutters often become clogged due to the buildup of leaves, sticks, and other debris that land on the roof. During rain or snowmelt, excess water will cause those particles to be washed into the system.
- As water flows down the roof, it can bring with it additional small particles from the shingles, such as tar residue and asphalt granules – all of which can also contribute to a clogged gutter.
- Trees nearby may shed large amounts of leaves, needles, and seed pods into gutters if they’re not properly covered by guards or screens.
- Gutters can become blocked if someone has installed them in an area that is too steep. This causes standing pools of water to form within the gutters, rather than allowing it to flow out through the downspouts.
Whichever way your gutter has gotten clogged, make sure you attend to it quickly so unwanted corrosion doesn’t occur.
What Are the Signs of a Clogged Gutter?
Clogged gutters can cause significant damage to a home if left unchecked. In addition to this, they can back up with water and cause the gutter system to become overloaded, leading to cracking or a collapse. Unfortunately, the signs of clogged gutters are usually subtle, making them difficult to spot until it’s too late. Keep an open eye out for the following:
- Water overflowing over the sides of the gutter system while it rains.
- Plants growing out of the gutters.
- Water pooling on your roof after the raining ends.
- You can physically see debris stuck in the bottoms or sides.
Taking proactive steps, such as routinely cleaning your gutters, will help avoid any serious damage caused by blocked systems in the future.
The Benefits of Hiring Chimney Masters to Clean My Gutters
The benefit of hiring Chimney Masters to clean your gutters is we are already on the roof! It’s one more thing we can do for you while we are already at your home, and gutter cleaning is a great way to increase the longevity of your home and help prevent issues like flooding, water damage, roof rot, and interior water leaks that can cost thousands of dollars to repair.
When gutters become clogged with debris like leaves, twigs, and other buildups, it prevents them from functioning properly and rainwater builds up in areas it shouldn’t, such as near the foundation and on your roof – we can easily spot those areas.
All in all, hiring Chimney Masters to clean your gutters and remove debris takes away the stress of having to do it yourself and saves you from dealing with costly repairs down the line.
Don’t Hesitate to Reach Out
Gutter cleaning is an easy way to keep your home in good condition and ward off any potential issues related to water damage. So, call us today at 301-972-9158 or schedule an appointment online to get this job done. We’d be happy to get this chore off your list and onto ours.