5 warning signs that you need to clean your clothes dryer vents?
It's time to call Chimney Masters to clean your clothes dryer vent vents when...
1. Drying time for clothes takes longer and longer.
Clothes (especially towels or jeans) take a very long time to dry. When a dryer vent is clogged, the drying cycle can double or triple in time. You will notice that clothes are not completely dry at the end of a regular cycle. A dryer is designed to push out the hot moist air for clothing to dry. If your vent is blocked by lint, the air will stay in your dryer keeping your clothes hot and moist. And when it takes twice as long to dry clothes, your dryer runs longer, putting more wear and tear on it and therefore cutting the machine’s life in half.
2. Your clothing and the outside of the dryer are very hot.
Do you notice that your clothing is very hot at the end of a cycle or the dryer is hot to touch? This warning sign means the vent is not exhausting properly. If your system is clogged, it not only wastes energy, but can cause the heating element and blower in the dryer to wear out faster. Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle.
3. You notice a burning smell.
When you run your dryer do you smell a burning odor? Lint, which is very flammable, can build up in the exhaust tube, lint trap and even in the drum casing. If it gets too hot, it can catch on fire, causing a burning smell. (Remember to empty the lint trap often). Discontinue use of your dryer and have it inspected as soon as possible.
4. The vent hood flap doesn’t open properly.
Another visual red flag that you’re due for a cleaning: You can see lint or debris around the dryer hose or outside vent opening: or the duct hood flap does not open as it is designed to do. An outside vent that doesn’t open when the dryer is running means air flow has been restricted due to lint buildup. Flapper on vent hood doesn't open when dryer is on.
5. Dryer keeps shutting off before the end of the timer ends it's drying cycle.
Chimney Masters professionally has cleaned both Dryer Vents and Chimneys combined for over 20 years !
The use of proper venting achieves maximum performance of your dryer and can extend the life of your dryer. When clothes are given the appropriate amount of air, they dry quicker and thereby require less electric or gas usage from your dryer.
Dryer Vents can be long and have right angles in them. Special equipment is required to navigate the bends. We have the experience, know-how and the tools needed to perform this valuable service.
Don't take unnecessary risks. Let us deal with all the "stuff" clogged in any of your vents because " Safety Comes First".
Our Goals on every job:
- Customer safety
- Excellence in service
- Affordable prices
- Long term commitment to every customer
Our Ten Point Dryer Vent Cleaning Service Includes:
1. Air Velocity test of exhaust line with clothes dryer on.
2. Air Velocity test of exhaust line with air pressure blower on
3. Air pressure blower on cleaning of exhaust line with pro spin vent cleaning system
4. Air Velocity test of line after with pro spins vent cleaning system.
5. Air Velocity test of dryer alone
6.Clean out and blow out clothes dryer vent trap and exhaust.
7. Air Velocity test of cleaned clothes dryer.
8. Install new flexible exhaust tubing from back of dryer to exhaust line
9. Air Velocity test of total exhaust line.
10. Check and clean exterior vents. If needed install bird or rodent guard.
Call Today (301) 972-9158 and schedule your appointment NOW for your clothes dryer vent or external vent cleaning today.
Our Service Area's:
Montgomery County, Maryland:
Chevy Chase MD,
Silver Spring MD, Sandy Spring MD, Burtonsville MD, Damascus MD, Wheaton MD.
Frederick County, Maryland: Dickerson MD, Frederick MD, Braddock Heights MD, Ijamsville MD, Middletown MD, New Market MD, Walkersville MD, Mount Airy MD, and more.